Senior Multifamily Specialist
Scope of Experience
Mr. Smith comes to Merin Hunter Codman from First Service Realty in Miami where he was Director of Commercial Real Estate. His areas of specialty are multifamily investments and distressed asset sales.
Background & Experience
Duane Smith began his real estate career in 2000 after more than 22 years in senior corporate sales, marketing and account management for IBM and MCI. In 2000 he joined Ocean View International Realty in Miami as a sales manager. His sales team was the top branch office his first two years there. In 2002, he was named Director of Ocean View’s Commercial Division. Within two years he grew the department to more than $300 million in transaction volume and 15 commercial agents at the height of the market.
Mr. Smith is a graduate of Cornell University, where he majored in architecture and urban planning.
Professional Associations & Designations
- Certified 1031 Equity Specialist
- Member Commercial REO Brokers Association (CREOBA)
- Affiliate Member National Multi-Housing Council (NMHC)
- Member National Association of Realtors
- Member National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- 74 Room Hotel - $6,450,000
- 38 Unit Multifamily - $1,265,000